The Human Microbiome
What is it?
What does it do for you?
How should we take care of it?
Analyses of Fermented Foods
Ginger contains gingerol which is the main bioactive compound in ginger responsible for much of its medicinal properties. Powerful antioxidant effects and anti-inflammatory
Ginger is highly effective against nausea calming properties
Long History of use as a sea sickness remedy and evidence that it may be effective as a prescription medication
1-1.5 grams of ginger can help prevents nausea such as sea sickness, nausea from sickness, morning sickness
Ginger can be effective at reducing day-to-day progression of muscle pain and may reduce exercise induced muscle soreness
Ginger has been shown to lower blood sugar levels and improve various heart disease risk factors in patients with type 2 diabetes
- Contains curcumin a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Most studies used turmeric extracts that are standardized to include large amounts of curcumin
- Curcumin is a natural anti-inflammatory compound which is helpful since chronic inflammation contributes to many common western diseases
- Curcumin suppresses many molecules known to play major roles in inflammation. It stimulates your bodys own antioxidant enzymes
- Many studies have shown that curcumin can help treat symptoms of arthritis and is in some cases more effective than anti-inflammatory drugs
- One of the best sources of natural nitrates which fuel the body with nitric oxide a compound that turns blood vessels into superhighways for nutrient and oxygen-rich blood.
- Liver and kidneys are our body’s filtration system they kick out heavy metals, toxins, and waste from our bloodstreams. Due to beets potassium rich makeup it keeps BP down and allows kidneys to function properly
- One of the top sources for antioxidants and contain glutamine an amino acid that it vital to the health of our intestinal tract.
- High nitrate content of beets helps to increase blood flow to areas of the brain linked to cognitive disorders like degeneration and dementia